Topic: Best Monitor Settings for Gaming: Recommend Settings that will provide you best Gaming Experience
Best Monitor Settings for Gaming: Recommend Settings that will provide you best Gaming Experience
So you are here for this article, which means you are finding a suitable setting for your monitor that will give you the best experience while gaming. Here in this article, we will tell you about the best gaming monitor settings that you can use to get better image quality while playing games on your monitor.
If you purchased a new monitor, you may be experiencing tinting or image correction issues that are common with new monitors due to their default settings. Now the question is what are the best monitor settings for gaming or how you can adjust your monitor settings.
Don’t worry, we are here to guide you on the best settings for your monitor that you can use and apply to get the best image quality. So read the full article below and adjust your monitor settings accordingly.
The Best Monitor setup for Gaming
So here are the best gaming monitor settings that you can adjust according to your monitor, just try them out and enjoy the best display quality:
Select native resolution
All monitors differ in resolution based on screen size and refresh rate; you’d better choose the best resolution that suits your monitor so that you get the best quality. To check the native resolution of your monitor and set the best one, follow the steps below:
- Find the settings option from the beginning and then tap on the system settings (it May does not show on your screen as it differs depending on the windows).
- If the above option is not good, you can also find display settings by right-clicking on the home screen and selecting display settings.
- Now, once the display settings open, scroll down the screen and look for the Resolution Settings option available on the display.
- Click on the slider bar and choose the resolution that is marked as (Recommended), this is the native and best resolution for your monitor.
- Tap on the Apply option to save the changes.
Your monitor may apply a better resolution than recommended, but the text will not look as sharp, and the screen may be small, centered on the screen, bordered in black, or stretched. This could be a big problem, so you need to select the Recommended option to get the best Gaming Monitor settings.
Recommended resolutions depending on the size of the monitor screen:
- 19-inch standard ratio monitor: 1280 × 1024
- 20-inch standard ratio monitor: 1600 × 1200
- 20- and 22-inch widescreen monitors: 1680 × 1050
- 24-inch widescreen monitor: 1920 × 1200
Adjust brightness and contrast
Almost all monitors have a button on the side to adjust the brightness and contrast of the screen. But in case you don’t know how to adjust the screen brightness and contrast, you can visit the monitor manufacturer’s site and check how to properly adjust the screen brightness settings using the side buttons. As the settings may differ between manufacturers, you should visit their site to check.
There is also an option available on some monitors that can automatically adjust the brightness and contrast of the screen according to the available light in your location. But this option is not very effective for games, but if you still want to apply it, you can follow the steps below:
- Revisit the Display Settings option by right-clicking it and selecting the Display Settings option.
- Once you open display settings, there is an option called Adjust my screen brightness to turn it on automatically.
- Finally, click on the save changes option.
- Please note that the above option will only be available if your monitor supports automatic brightness adjustment.
Adjust settings for dual monitors
If you are planning or using more than one monitor for gaming and finding the best monitor settings for gaming, follow the steps below to learn how you can adjust the settings for both monitors and connect them correctly.
The Detector identifies another monitor:
- For the detection or connection of two monitors, you must first go to the display settings of your computer.
There will be an option available called Detect when clicked which will connect or detect the second available display to your PC.
- After connecting to two screens, you need to set the screen orientation.
There will be a screen orientation option available, choose the orientation you want to set your Monitor screen to.
- Now you need to choose what you want to display on both monitors.
Select the Multi Monitors option and choose one of the following options: Extend, Duplicate, Show only on 1 and Show only on 2.
- Extend means you want to show a single screen on both monitors, Duplicate means you want to show the same screen on both monitors, Show on 1 only means you only want to show on the first monitor, and Show on 2 only means you only want to show on the second. display.
- After all this, you just need to select the monitor you want as your primary display, you can do this by clicking the checkbox that says Make this my primary display option.
Calibrate your Monitor Screen
Now the last setting for the best gaming display is Display Color Calibration which will help you improve the colors on your display and make sure to deliver the best and most accurate display color. This is the best monitor setup for gaming, so to calibrate your screen, follow the steps below:
- Tap on the search bar on your PC and type Calibrate screen color and select it.
- After clicking the option, you can request permission, you just have to confirm.
- The Welcome to Screen Color Calibration page will now open; you must click Next to continue.
- Upon reaching the Set Basic Color Settings page, you need to click on the menu button present on your monitor. The monitor menu will appear on the screen now, using the buttons available on your monitor you can navigate through the on-screen menu and select the color option you want to apply.
- If the color options are not displayed on the monitor menu screen, simply click the Next option.
- Now just follow the steps shown on the screen and tap next each time.
- After that, you will be redirected to You have successfully created a new calibration page, where you will get two options, one is Previous Calibration to view previous display calibration settings and the other is Current
- Calibration to view display calibration settings. new screen.
- Clicking the Finish option will select a new calibration while clicking the Cancel option will select the previous calibration.
- Now your monitor screen calibration is complete.
The above is the best gaming monitor settings you can do with your monitor to get the best display while gaming and doing other things.
So that’s it, the article is finished, now you can configure the above settings and get the best display on your monitor screen.